The Mindfulness Education Group is on a mission to positively shift the emotional landscape of New Zealand communities.
We will do this by:
- Providing expert online mindfulness training and guided meditations
- Leading the way with high-quality professional development for educators and health professionals to teach New Zealand’s only locally developed and researched mindfulness in schools programme: Pause, Breathe, Smile.
- Supporting our members with ongoing opportunities to deepen their mindfulness practice and understanding, through monthly online forums, ongoing PD workshops and retreats.
The benefits of MEG membership are:
- All members (full and friend) are part of a connected community of mindfulness practitioners; meeting, networking, practicing and sharing in mindfulness together at discounted workshops and retreats throughout the year and in online forums
- Full members have the right to refer to themselves as a certified PBS Educator or Facilitator
- Full members are able to deliver PBS an unlimited number of times in authorised settings during each year of their membership
There are two membership types:
FRIEND: anyone can take up a friend MEG membership for just $50 per year. This is a good option for people who have completed the MEG Online Mindfulness course, or anyone who wishes to be supported in keeping up their practice and wanting to stay connected with a community of mindfulness practitioners.
FULL: Annual fee is $2 per child for schools (capped at maximum of $650 per school per year). For independent schools the annual fee is $850. Includes unlimited access to all the video, audio and print resources required to deliver the PBS programme to children, PD discounts and all other members benefits.
The purpose of full membership for certified Pause, Breathe, Smile Educators is:
- Quality Assurance: school communities and strategic partners know that all our members are trained in this unique mindfulness programme to the same high standard.
- Quality Control: Pause, Breathe, Smile resources for schools are protected and restricted through members-only access on the MEG website
- Ongoing R&D: members receive unrestricted access to new mindfulness resources (video, audio and print) developed by MEG
- Ongoing mindfulness PLD: discounts to mindfulness networking and practice workshops and retreats throughout the year and in online forums